$1 Silver Eagle Coin History:
Authorized by Congress in 1985 and first minted in 1986, Silver Eagles are pure .999 fine silver, the finest silver coins ever minted and distributed in the U.S.A. Each coin contains one troy ounce of pure silver and measures 1.598" (or 40.6mm) in diameter with a thickness of .117" or 2.98mm. The Silver Eagle Coins are impressively large and substantial coins. The Silver Eagle are America's only official investment grade silver bullion coins.
$1 Silver Eagle Coin Specifications:
- Brand New $1 Silver Eagle Coins
- Minted US Mint
- Minted 2017
- Face Value $1
- Purity 0.999 fine pure silver
- Silver content 1 troy oz.
- Thickness 2.98 mm
- Diameter 40.6 mm
- Known as the Silver Eagle
- Obverse: Features the artwork of Adolph Wienman’s “Walking Liberty” design. Lady Liberty is passing through an open field with the morning sun appearing. She is dressed in a traditional toga while holding a bundle of oak and olive branches while the other arm is held out as a gesture of welcome.
- Reverse: Showcases the iconic American Eagle with its symbolism for liberty and freedom while sporting the crest of our star spangled shield on its breast. One talon is holding arrows and the opposing holding an olive branch to show how America is strong buy hopes for peace and prosperity.